Do you love the taste of pizza but hate the after feeling of traditional frozen pizza’s? This pizza is an excellent, all natural, inexpensive and healthy version of frozen pizza’s!
USE IBOTTA! If you would like to save money, sign up for an app that will give you cash back for your grocery purchases. I have saved hundreds of dollars using Ibotta. You can sign up for free and you are NEVER required to give any personal financial information. Use my referral code, nqkjihv, to get an automatic $5 BONUS!
This recipe makes 6 15” by 10” family sized thin crust pizzas. You can also divide all of the ingredients in half for smaller, individual sized pizza’s (or invite 50 of your closest friends for a personalized pan pizza party!).
• 2 TSP White Sugar
• 3 Cups Warm Water
• 2 TBSP Active Dry Yeast
• 2 TBSP Olive Oil
• 1 TSP Salt
• 1 TBSP honey (optional)
• 7 Cups 100% Whole Wheat Flour
• 5 TBSP Italian Seasoning
• 2 Jars Pasta Sauce
• 4 IBS Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
• Toppings of your choice.
Steps to Perfection:
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degrees.
2. Dissolve sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast over water and wait 10 minutes for yeast to get foamy.
3. Stir olive oil, salt, honey and Italian seasoning into mixture then add all the flour. Kneed until all the flour is absorbed.
4. Roll dough ball in some olive oil, place dough ball in oven for about 45 minutes until the dough rises to twice its size.
5. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
6. Spread a small amount of flour on a clean counter surface. Roll out the dough to the desired size (traditional 15” by 10” cookie sheet recommended- or similar size). Try to roll out the dough as thin as possible- saves calories and makes more pizza.
7. Cook pizza dough until light brown (around 10 minutes).
To Make Multiple Frozen Pizzas for Later:
1. Spread pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings on pre-cooked (and cooled) crust. The crust should still remain on the cookie sheet pan.
2. Add cling wrap or tin foil on top to completely seal the pizza from air.
3. Add another crust and along with sauce, cheese and toppings.
4. Continue layering the pizza with cling wrap or foil. Place in freezer (make sure no air can reach the pizzas.)
5. When ready to cook, pull out the frozen pizza and cook for about 10 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees.
To Eat Immediately:
1. Spread pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings on pre-cooked crust.
2. Cook about 10 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.
Hope you enjoy this pizza! It tastes very fresh and guilt-free. As an added bonus, if you use Ibotta, you can save additional money on an already inexpensive pizza recipe!
Sign up for Ibotta: go to http://www.ibotta.com. Download the app and use code, nqkjihv, to get an immediate cash bonus!